Thursday, July 8, 2010

10 famous submarines

Ever since I was a little kid submarines have fascinated me. When I was 10 I saw an ad in the back of a comic book for my very own Polaris submarine and I had dreams of sailing the depths of the ocean (or at least the depths of our backyard swimming pool). Alas, those hopes were dashed when I found out that comic book sub was really only cardboard, but the dream lives on. Here are ten iconic submarines that you may remember....

The Proteus from the film "Fantastic Voyage"


The Beatles "Yellow Submarine"

U96 from the film "Das Boot"


One of the first submarines, the Turtle

The Seaview, from the 1960's TV show "Voyage to the Bottom of the Sea"

The flying sub, a.k.a. The Seaview's lifeboat

The Nautilus from the movie "20,000 Leagues Under The Sea"

Red October from the movie and book "The Hunt for Red October"


The Hunley, famous Civil War submarine

James Bond's Lotus submarine car

No comments:

Post a Comment